Even the most optimistic person recognizes that disputes inevitably arise in today’s business world. The firm’s litigation lawyers work diligently to help clients avoid unnecessary court action whenever possible, including negotiating business resolutions and, when appropriate, implementing the use of alternative dispute resolution procedures. However, when full scale litigation is necessary or unavoidable, we develop creative, aggressive, and cost-effective strategies to obtain our clients’ objectives.
RPB has built a record of outstanding litigation successes across a broad range of industries and practice areas. The firm’s litigators regularly represent clients in a broad range of matters before California state courts, federal courts, administrative and regulatory agencies, and arbitration panels.
Recent representative matters include:
- Favorably resolved a Copyright and Design Patent infringement claim involving rope-chain jewelry for a major international retailer.
- Achieved a judgment of dismissal for an apparel industry client accused of stealing trade secrets and interfering with prospective economic advantage.
- Favorably resolved hundreds of various Copyright infringement claims raised against apparel industry clients.
- Secured a judgment, including an award of attorneys’ fees, through an Anti-SLAPP Motion and Demurrer, for an internet retail client who was accused of violating the Federal Hazardous Substance Act and Unfair Business Practices.
- Achieved a dismissal with prejudice of a claim for fraud and breach of contract brought by the residents of a mobile home park against the park’s owner, claiming that the owner was required to sell them the Park.
- Secured a dismissal of a Proposition 65 claim against a retail client accused of selling various products without providing the necessary warnings.
- Negotiated a resolution in a “net profits” dispute, resulting in RPB’s client receiving approximately two to three times her initial participation payment and continued participation payments.
- Favorably resolved a wage and hour claim against a ranch by a disgruntled former employee seeking several hundred thousand dollars.
- Obtained a significant six-figure settlement for a commercial landlord whose tenant claimed the lease entitled it to and did destroy part of a building.
- Favorably resolved $16 million of mechanic’s lien claims caused by a tenant who filed bankruptcy.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar settlement from a major news organization on behalf of a crime victim whose privacy had been invaded after she was drugged and assaulted.
- Favorably resolved numerous boundary disputes for both commercial and residential property.